Members sometimes request to be loaned HSBNE assets, this policy outlines what happens when they do.
- We don’t loan assets as normal business
- You can make a special request
- You have to ask the appropriate team lead, or if none, the executive.
- There must be a loan agreement signed
- The asset must be documented before/after with pictures or video
- The loan will be tracked by the asset register
- You will be required to make good on any damage or issues, and if a bond is taken, that may be
used to make good the item
- If you’re a team member, you can take items off site for maintenance/repair reasons. You must:
- Get the ok from team lead
- Create a maintenance item in the asset register stating you’re taking it offsite, with expected return date.
- Check out the asset under your name
By Default, HSBNE does not Loan Assets
- In normal circumstances, HSBNE does not loan assets.
- Members may make special request for exception to be loaned an asset.
- The decision is made by, in order: Team Lead for the asset; Executive
- Loans must be documented by a signed Loan Agreement, uploaded as pdf to the asset register
- Executive must make available a loan agreement template
- Loan agreement defacto includes:
- Item to be returned in same or better condition
- Borrower to pay to return item to state when loaned
- Where asset value is in excess of $500, a bond must be paid
- Loans must be tracked by the asset register ‘check out’ feature
- Asset must be thoroughly documented with pictures or video upon leaving and reacceptance
- Loaned asset can only be reaccepted by person who approved loan, or in their absense, executive member
- Loaned assets must be explicitly accepted
- Any bonds or other conditions will be executed in a timely fashion upon reacception.
Loans for Maintenance
- Team Members may make request to take an asset off site for the purposes of maintenance or upgrade.
- Team Leads or Executive may approve this.
- If it is the Team Lead requesting approval, they must get approval from Executive.
- The asset will have a maintenance action opened on it in the asset manager that details
- Who approved it
- What maintenance or upgrades are expected to happen
- When the asset is expected to return
- The asset will be checked out in the asset register to the team member while it is offsite
- There is no requirement for a bond
- It is the approvers responsibility to ensure the item is returned by the loanee in a timely manner
- Returned items must be explicitly accepted by approver or in their absense, executive member.
Loans for HSBNE Projects
- Loans may be made under the rules of
3: Loans for Maintenance where a member needs an item offsite
in order to progress a project for HSBNE’s interests.
- The maintenance log will be used to detail the reason/project that the item is offsite, instead of