This is a master list of policies or by-laws at HSBNE that fall outside the scope of the official HSBNE Rules. These are a working part of the HSBNE infrastructure and social contract. By-laws can be made by vote at a general meeting, or by the Executive Committee.
- All discussion for agenda items occurs on the forums in a relevant thread. Meetings are only for announcements, voting, thanks and project invitations/show and tell.
- All agenda items must be posted for discussion by 8PM Thursday the week before the meeting. This allows for discussion before the meeting.
- Before voting on Financial Agenda Items a Financial Report must be either a) read out by the Treasurer or b) provided to be read out.
One person speaks at a time. No person speaks for more than one minute when others are waiting to speak.
- It’s important to thank members who are contributing to HSBNE as we wouldn’t be where we are today without it. Take the time in a meeting to thank people for excellence at HSBNE.
Site Sign In Register
As soon as practical, once a member is on site they must swipe their access card at the quad door, or the front door to sign in. When a member leaves, they must also swipe their card at the quad door, or front door to sign out. This ensures we can keep better track of who is on site in case we need to evacuate and lets other people on site know someone has just arrived.
Work For Membership
The membership of HSBNE has decided that it wishes to offer membership in exchange for work. This is aimed at allowing less financially able people to continue to participate at HSBNE. The rules for this system, known as WOOFing, are as such:
- There will be a cap of WOOFing members at 10% current membership.
- The executive has total discretion on who may be considered a WOOFer.
- Contiguous month-to-month membership as a WOOFer is not guaranteed.
- WOOFers are expected to complete approximately a minimum of 5 hours work a month.
- It is the responsibility of the executive to maintain a record of the Work completed by WOOFers via some system of timesheeting.
Lifetime Members are members of HSBNE who have either accrued 10 years of membership or paid up in advance to accrue 10 years of membership. Lifetime Members do not have to pay for membership to maintain their voting/access rights. Paying in advance is calculated as
( ( 10 * 12 ) - <accrued membership in months> ) * 55
Renting was allowed by the meeting on 30th August, 2010 and was revoked by the meeting on XXth of XXXXXX.
As such, it is HSBNE policy to disallow lease agreements for portions of the PortHack Campus.